Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I haven't written anything in awhile

Last week I started a blog about Charlie Sheen. About half-way through I asked myself, "Why am I blogging about Charlie Sheen? Fuck that asshole." It was at that time I saved the blog as a draft and left it there. Until this morning when I deleted it.

The reason it was deleted was because I don't want to glorify the actions of a celebrity drug addict. There are plenty of normal, run of the mill drug addicts who don't get the notoriety of a Charlie Sheen so I decided to put the Charlie blog where Charlie belongs, the round file.

For all of you average, run of the mill, drug addicts out there, sorry, there won't be a blog about you either. The fact that I've mentioned you, I guess means I've blogged about you, but I'm about to stop. I hope you enjoyed your 15 seconds of fame. Which is about 15 more than either you or Charlie deserve.

Other than that, I haven't had much to say of late. I've been writing some articles for The Nugget which takes a bit of time away from this. And as no one reads this anyway, this is just an exercise in obscurity. It is fun though, and if no one chooses to read, at least I  was able to put some things into words that I ordinarily wouldn't have.

You won't find me talking about the details of my rather ordinary life and what it is I do each day. No Facebook type blogs where I share with the world where I went shopping, what I bought, and about the asshat who cut me off driving to Bend. No stories of the neighbor and his barking dog that I'd like to send to the big kennel in the sky. Nope, no sirree, not me.

What you will read is my thoughts about music, photography, bikes, stuff I know a little about. I won't pretend to write about stuff I know nothing about, but make you think I do. The bullshit quotient here will be low as I don't tolerate it well in real life. What you see is what you get, and what you get, is well, what you see.

I wish I could write about something deep and meaningful about the motivations of our politicians, both in Washington DC, and here locally. But to be honest it is beyond my realm of understanding, and when I do try to understand it only makes my head hurt. It's much easier to watch Bourdain travel to places I never want to go or eat food I never intend to try. Greg House a my newfound friend that I find easier to digest than anything Andrew Zimmern eats on a weekly basis. House's dysfunctional genius is something I can only hope to be.

I was always told to aim high, because if you miss, at least you went for it. Seems to me if you aim high and miss, somebody gets it between the eyes.

Oh well, just the view from my world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment